Sharing this useful history as VSDB used to have something like this before. There were some names listed that came up throughout VSDB years as well.
As we move forward with the One School Plan, I want to provide you with a timeline of the process and the goals. Please see the attachment below.
Stakeholder meetings will be done by a company who have worked with VSDB previously in the development of the 5-year strategic plan. Stakeholders are the students, employees, and alumni of VSDB.
This process will take several months and will occur in phases:
- The first phase includes the stakeholder meetings that will focus on collecting ideas for a mascot and colors that will unite and represent VSDB as one school. Please see the attachment below. It will also include a voting process with all stakeholders that will determine the final decision for the mascot and colors.
- Stakeholder meetings will be in person. If people cannot attend the meetings, they can email their ideas to VSDB. There will be a special vsdb email address for sending ideas.
- After the mascot and colors are chosen, there will be meetings to discuss how to preserve the history, culture, and traditions of the Blind and the Deaf Department. It is very important that the history, culture, and traditions be honored and passed on to the students of VSDB.
- Student Stakeholder meetings will occur in mid-November.
- The employee and alumni meetings will be scheduled for some time in January.
I look forward to working as a team with everyone to establish a more inclusive educational setting that represents equal value and representation for all students. Please let me know if you have any questions. Your input is welcomed!
– Pat Trice, VSDB Superintendent