Please watch the first video from VSDAA President Michele VanBoxlaere as she explains the basic process, while the VSDB video provides an ASL version of the PDF file found below. Also, please share this with all alumni ASAP as results must be sent by May 25, 2023.
Click here for the Video Transcript (PDF version)
Email your Alumni choices to Michele VanBoxlaere at vsdaapresident at gmail.com.
— No online poll setup yet, email poll for now.
ASL version describing the 2 mascots to pick from based on the PDF file below.
Fox like at 4:50 mark and Falcon like at 5:52 mark.
Unified VSDB Mascot Ballot for Alumni (PDF version)
Below are your choices or don’t vote at all.
** Update, a separate poll was setup to help count how many refused to vote for the new mascot choices above (fox/falcon). See https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8FJL62. **
Board of Visitors (BOV) will have a meeting on March 8, 2023 at 10:30am in the Chapel. Visitors are welcome at to attend and you probably need to check in with security for a visitors pass. NO TOURS will be happening after the meeting as students are still on campus. If you want a tour, you can go when there are no students on campus – usually weekends only.
Below is Pat Trice’s message (long version):
The exterior portion of the Main Hall is nearly complete. A water pipe broke inside during an extreme cold spell/blast before Christmas 2022, no pictures yet. This occurred when windows were being replaced and had plywood covering while waiting for new windows. Repairs are under way. Previous renovation pictures of the main hall can be found on our Facebook page including the VSDB Museum Facebook page. These pictures came from Superintendent Patricia Trice.
Sharing this useful history as VSDB used to have something like this before. There were some names listed that came up throughout VSDB years as well.
- The first phase includes the stakeholder meetings that will focus on collecting ideas for a mascot and colors that will unite and represent VSDB as one school. Please see the attachment below. It will also include a voting process with all stakeholders that will determine the final decision for the mascot and colors.
- Stakeholder meetings will be in person. If people cannot attend the meetings, they can email their ideas to VSDB. There will be a special vsdb email address for sending ideas.
- After the mascot and colors are chosen, there will be meetings to discuss how to preserve the history, culture, and traditions of the Blind and the Deaf Department. It is very important that the history, culture, and traditions be honored and passed on to the students of VSDB.
- Student Stakeholder meetings will occur in mid-November.
- The employee and alumni meetings will be scheduled for some time in January.
Check out www.vsdaa.org/store for more info.
Announcing new clothing – denim long sleeved shirts and cardinal long sleeved shirts for sale!